Kalakand is a scrumptious, rich sweet dish that is a staple in most Indian homes, particularly in the North. While it is made from paneer, you can make as many variations of Kalakand as you want, for instance, I have tried Mango Kalakand, Custard Apple Kalakand and the latest in my list is White Chocolate Kalakand. White Chocolate Kalakand has this pleasing texture and its gooey taste filled with the creaminess of fresh paneer, and white chocolate makes it a perfect sweet. With paneer that can be made easily at home, and white chocolate available, making White Chocolate Kalakand is going to be a cake walk, ladies! So, do note its recipe and make it this Diwali:
White Chocolate Kalakand
- Freshly made paneer - 1 cup
- Milk powder - ¾ cup
- White chocolate - 50 g
- Sugar - 3 tsp
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Chopped nuts for garnishing
- Mix Paneer, milk powder, sugar and white chocolate.
- Cook on a nonstick pan with 1 tsp ghee.
- Stir continually to avoid sticking or roasting.
- Meanwhile grease a pan to set the kalakand with remaining ghee.
- After about 10 min it will start to thicken up and oil will be bubbling on the sides.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Immediately transfer to the greased pan and press it evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Top with nuts.
- Press them down gently so that they stick to kalakand.
- Leave it to rest.
- Once cooled refrigerate for 2hours at least.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.