Steamed Tomato Badi is a simple and quick recipe made using Urad Dal Badi or Wadi. The day we cook fish in mustard sauce, we make this for vegetarian members of the family….:). Here is how to make it.
Steamed Tomato Badi
- Medium size tomatoes cut into 8 pcs each - 8
- Urad dal badi - 1 cup
- Mustard seeds - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 8-10
- Green chillies - 3-4
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10-12
- Pachforan - 1 tsp
- Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and fry the badis.
- Keep aside.
- Grind mustard seeds, garlic and green chillies with some water to make a fine paste.
- Blend tomato with the paste thoroughly.
- Mix the paste with badis, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Place the mixture in a tiffin and pour the rest of the oil into it.
- Cover it tightly with the lid and place it in the cooker with little water. Cook till first whistle only.
- Place it in a nice bowl.
- Now heat ½ tsp oil and put pachforan and curry leaves into it.
- Pour the tempering over the badi.
- Serve it with steamed rice.
You might also like