Sabudana Khichdi…Sabudana is one grain that is used widely in Indian household in fasting, for babies or want to eat something light. Everyone in my family loves sabudana khichdi and my 2 years old calls it white balls 🙂 I make this dish quite often for breakfast or for an evening snack. It’s a light dish mixed with potatoes and peanuts mildly spiced and topped with some lemon juice. Here is how I make my sabudana khichdi.
- Sabudana/sago - 2 cups
- Peanuts - ½ cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Potatoes - 2 small
- Onion - 1 small
- Green chilli - 2
- Lemon - 1
- Coriander leaves - Chopped
- Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Pepper - as per taste
- Salt - as per taste
- Wash Sabudana in water 3 to 4 times so that starch is removed.
- Soak in water for half an hour.
- After half an hour, remove the extra water and put it overnight in fridge so that it does not stick together.
- Dry roast the peanuts and once roasted remove the peel.
- Grind them into coarse powder
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds then add chopped potatoes, onions and green chilies.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and onions turn golden add sabudana.
- Add salt, pepper and peanut powder.
- Mix everything well and let it get cooked in low flame for 5 mins.
- Add ghee and keep mixing the sabudana.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve the sabudana khichdi hot with some potato chips
You might also like