When it comes to dips, I have had made quite a few and relished them with nachos and chips. It is super fun to make Pumpkin Hummus whereas Yogurt Dip with Mint and Garlic gently refreshes the senses! However, I was kind of sure that one could make an Indian dip as well which could be served with South Indian snacks and munchies. That’s why I wore my thinking cap and decided to prepare Roasted Onion Chilli Dip. Prepared using coconut oil, dry chilli and subtly roasted onion, Roasted Onion Chilli Dip has all the flavours in place! It is tad spicy, has a mildly smoky flavour and has a rejuvenating taste of coconut as well. I served it along with our weekly South Indian breakfast of Idli and Dosa and guess what, it gobbled in just one go! Super easy to prepare, make sure that you try Roasted Onion Chilli Dip without fail using this recipe:
Roasted Onion Chilli Dip
- Onion - 1 ( medium size)
- Dry red chilli - 7- 9 ( as per spiciness required)
- Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of onion and roast it on direct flame till it get well roasted from all sides.
- Similarly roast red chillies till they get brown spots all over.
- Chop onion finely and crush red chilli with your hand.
- Mix onion and crushed red chilly along with salt using your fingers instead of spoon so that onion can release it's juice and gives a nice flavour.
- Add in coconut oil. Mix nicely.
- You can add more oil in case you find the dip very spicy.
- Serve with hot dosas and idli.