Raw Mango Rasam is an amazing Rasam made either with raw mango or slightly ripe mango which is not sweet but sour. Since it is high in beta -carotene, it’s good for kids too. It can be eaten with rice or served as a soup. Here is how to make it.
Raw Mango Rasam
- Raw mango - half (should be sour, chop them like chips)
- Rasam powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- tuvar dal - 4 tbsp ( cooked and mashed well with a pinch of turmeric )
- Tomatoes - 2 medium ( cut into quarters )
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- For garnish
- Grated coconut - 2 tsp
- Green coriander - 2 tsp ( cut finely )
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Clarified butter or ghee - 1 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- In a vessel, add the mangoes, tomatoes, salt, rasam powder, jaggery and 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the flame and boil them for 15 to 20 minutes, till the mango are soft.
- Try to mash them with a ladle and add the cooked dal with 2 cups of water and bring the rasam to aboil once more and switch off heat.
- Heat a small pan add the ghee and the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add hing and pour it on top of rasam.
- Garnish with grated coconut and fresh coriander.
- You can serve with cooked white rice or can be had as a soup.
You might also like