Raw Mango Pulusu…Come summer and all we can think about is mangoes. Ripe or raw we just love them and can’t have enough of them. This tangy sweet and sour recipe I learnt from my mother-in-law makes a great accompaniment with white rice or pongal. It gets even better when served with some fryums. Hope you enjoy this recipe too. Here is how to make Raw Mango Pulusu.
Raw Mango Pulusu
- Raw mango - 1 cut into large pieces
- Green chillies - 2-3 chopped
- Curry leaves - about 10
- Turmeric - 1tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Jaggery - As per taste
- for tadka:
- Oil - 1tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafetida - a pinch
- In a wok, heat oil and put in the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Once the mustard splutters add the mango pieces, chillies and curry leaves.
- Add ½ cup of water turmeric and salt. Mix well and cover.
- Once the mangoes are cooked mash them slightly to get a thick consistency.
- Add in some more water, jaggery and sambar powder. The consistency should be similar to sambar. Check salt.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice or as an accompaniment to pongal.
- If the mangoes are very sour increase the jaggery content in the pulusu.
- If you like it spicy you can put in more chillies.
- Thanks and Regards
You might also like