Rasgulla or Rasogolla is a very famous traditional Bengali sweets made with cottage cheese/chenna. As a bengali my whole family is fond of this sweet, but here in Bangalore we don’t get soft mouth melting Rasgolla, so I had decided to learn this recipe. After several failed attempt finally I learned to make perfect soft Rasgolla. Its very easy to make soft and perfect Rasgolla at home. No more buying from outside.Happy me Happy FAMILY :-). Here is how to make it.
- Full cream milk - 1 litre
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder very little.
- Kesar for garnish
- The first thing in making rasogulla is to making chenna.
- To make the chenna boil the milk then gradually add vinegar into it. When it separates completely, turn off the flame.
- Spread a muslin cloth over large strainer and transfer the separated milk over it and drain the whey.
- Now tie chenna in the muslin cloth.
- Squeeze it gently to drain the excess water and hang it for about 15 mins.
- Take out chhena to a plate.
- Knead it using hand until it became like dough, you can see fats on your palm. Stop kneading after that.
- Make round balls, with 1 litre of milk you can make 7 to 8 rasgulla’s.
- Now in a pressure cooker take ½ litre water and 1 cup sugar or as per your tastes, add cardamom powder(very little) and let it boil for some time.
- When it comes to rolling boil, gently drop prepared balls in it and pressure cook it for 3 whistle. Turn of the flame and let it settle for 30 mins.(don’t uncover the cooker).
- In another vessel make little thick sugar syrup.
- Now place the rasgulla in a bowl pour the thick sugar syrup on it and garnish with some kesar.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy your super soft rasgulla.