Rajma Masala…When we think of comfort food,what comes to my mind is a hot bowl of rice and rajma masala to go with it. Popularly known as Rajma chawal, it is a favourite in most North Indian households. But now it is equally liked by many all over. I have developed my own version of making this dish which is super easy to make and involves this simple recipe. Here is how I make it.
You might also like
- Rajma- 2 cups
- Jeera-1/2 tsp
- Ajwain-1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Chilli powder-3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1tsp
- Oil-2 tsp
- Coriander leaves-for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Soak Rajma overnight or at least for 8 hours.
- Then pressure cook it with enough water and salt for 4-5 whistles.
- If you have a doubt that it won’t cook properly, you can add a pinch of cooking soda.
- Meanwhile take oil in a pan, when it heats add jeera, ajwain, asafoetida then onion and fry until it turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Followed by tomatoes, chilli and turmeric powder.
- When tomatoes turn soft, add the cooked rajma and let it simmer for 10 mins.
- Finally add the salt and garam masala powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.