The recipe of Potato Beetroot Chilla is inspired by one of the famous international recipes called Jacket Potato! I just made it Indianised and added beetroot to make it more healthy and appealing. Potato Beetroot Chilla does not have any besan unlike regular Cheela that we prepare at home. My little one who always makes a fuss while eating liked the crispy texture of this Cheela and asked for more. Serve piping hot Potato Beetroot Chilla with Dhaniya aur Amle ki Chutney and have a feast! Here’s the recipe for Potato Beetroot Chilla:
Potato Beetroot Chilla
- Potato grated - 1½ cup
- Beetroot grated - ½ cup
- Cornflour - 3 tsp
- Green chilly chopped - 2
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Ginger crushed - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Wipe excess water from beetroots and potatoes with a clean cloth.
- Add all other ingredients except oil to it.
- Mix well.
- Heat a tava and brush it with oil.
- Spread the mixture on the tava to form a cheela like shape.
- If you wish you can spray some oil on it. Even if you won't add oil on top, still it will taste good.
- When it gets cooked and become crisp on one side , turn and cook the other side.
- Serve hot and crisp to your dear ones.