Pomegranate and pineapple are outstanding fruits. Not only do these two fruits have an amazing flavour but they can be used for making various dishes such as Anar Ka Raita, Thai Pineapple Fried Rice, Pineapple Pachadi and others. Since quite some time, I wanted to make a drink using both of them. Finally, last weekend, I got some time to prepare Pomegranate Pineapple Layered Shake. This shake as the name suggests is served by making multiple layers of pineapple juice, pomegranate juice, and ice cream. I had this hunch that it would definitely turn out creamy, delicious and it did! But, I felt happier on seeing the colour of Pomegranate Pineapple Layered Shake: light pink and subtle yellow. The minute it got served, my kiddo helped himself and loved every sip of Pomegranate Pineapple Layered Shake. So, when are you making this fruity, creamy shake? For your reference, here’s its recipe:
Pomegranate Pineapple Layered Shake
- Pineapple - ¼ cup ( Peeled and chopped )
- Pineapple crush - 2 tbsp
- Pomegranate juice - ¼ cup
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Vanilla ice cream - 4 scoops
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Ice cubes - 6
- Blend pineapple pieces with pineapple crush, 1 tbsp sugar, half of the milk, 1 scoop ice cream and half of the ice cubes.
- Pour it in a glass.
- Now blend pomegranate juice with rest of the milk, ice cubes, sugar and 1 scoop of ice cream.
- Take a tall glass. Pour pomegranate shake in the glass upto almost half or little less than half.
- Place a ice cream scoop on top of that.
- Slowly pour pineapple shake and again place a scoop of ice cream on top of it
- Serve immediately.