Pineapple Kesari Bhaat…My 6 year old daughter is crazy about sweets. I can never know when her demand for something sweet comes up. Although most times we manage with some fruits but there are some days she is adamant on having sweets. For those difficult days I have two easy recipes. Kesari bath and Payasam. Here is how I make Pineapple Kesari Bhaat.
Pineapple Kesari Bhaat
- Sooji - 1 cup (fine)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Pineapple pieces - ½ cup
- Pineapple essence - 2-3 drops
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts and raisins - 1 cup
- In a kadhai dry roast the sooji until it changes color and gets a nice aroma.
- Add the water and allow it to cook.
- While the sooji is cooking add 1 tbsp if ghee to it and mix well.
- Add sugar, pineapple pieces and pineapple essence and mix well to remove all lumps.
- Cover and let it cook for 5 min.
- In another pan heat the remaining ghee and fry the dry fruits.
- Add the dry fruits to the sooji mixture and mix well.
- Tastes delicious served hot.
- If you like plain kesari bhaat you can replace pineapple pieces and pineapple essence with cardamom powder.
- Restaurants add yellow food color to pineapple kesari bhaat. I have eliminated it. If preferred it can be added.
You might also like