For my kiddo, the mention of CupCakes alone is enough to get all excited. Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Jam filling and Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting are no doubt his favourite but since last week, Orange CupCakes have become his new found favourite. Filled with the marvellous flavours of orange, creaminess of milk and the sweetness of castor sugar, Orange CupCakes wake your senses up like no other dessert. Fun to make and super easy to gobble, even I loved Orange CupCakes to the core.
I am making Orange CupCakes again for the Diwali Desserts Platter for sure. When are you making them?
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Caster sugar - 1 and ½ cup
- Orange juice - ¾ cup
- Orange zest - 2 tsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Vegetable or olive oil - ½ cup
- Eggs - 3 ( beaten )
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add sugar and mix well and keep aside.
- In another bowl mix together beaten eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest and oil.
- Mix well.
- Now make a well in the dry ingredients and mix the wet ingredients in three batches until a smooth batter is formed.
- Line the cup cake tin with liner and fill until ⅔ full.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.