Dhokla is a fluffy Gujarati farsaan or snack made by steaming the batter of lentils and spices. I have made different varieties of this snack which includes Moong Dal Dhokla and today, for breakfast, I ended making Oats Sooji Dhokla which can be made without any prior preparation unlike the other types of Dhoklas. Soft and fluffy, Oats Sooji Dhokla is spicy as well as tangy as curd, spices are used as well for making them! Not only for breakfast, but Oats Sooji Dhokla is a healthy snack that can be served with tea or coffee. And, you can even pack it for your tiffin or your loved ones’ tiffin. Make sure to relish Oats Sooji Dhokla as it is really simple to prepare. Following is its recipe:
Oats Sooji Dhokla
- Instant oats - 1 cup ( Roasted )
- Sooji - 1 cup ( Roasted )
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - 1 tsp ( Chopped )
- Water - ¼ cup
- Oil for greasing the plate
- For the tadka
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Zeera - ½ tsp
- Peanuts - 10-12 ( Crushed )
- Green chilli - 1-2 ( Cut into lengthwise )
- In a bowl, mix dry roasted oats, sooji, dahi, green chilies, salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, baking soda and some water to make a thick batter.
- Grease the plate of Dhokla steamer and pour mixture in it and steam this dhokla for about 15-20 minutes.
- For tadka, take a tadkedaani, add 1 tablespoon of oil, add zeera, green chili and then peanuts.
- Pour this tadka on the sooji oats dhokla and it is ready to be served.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.