Oats Rava Idli…..Its believed that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it should be healthy. We mostly prefer south Indian breakfast in our family because its light and can be made in a jiffy. Rava Idlis with coconut chutney is loved a lot in my family. To make regular rava idlis more healthy, I started adding oats in it. Along with oats I also add few vegetables and some spices to enhance its taste and the result is so flavorful. Here is how to make oats rava idli.
Oats Rava Idli
- Oats - 1 cup
- Rava - ½ cup
- Curd - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Eno salt - 1 tsp
- Carrots -1 medium sized
- Chana dal - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Heeng - a pinch
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Green chilies - 1 finely chopped
- 8 to 10 roasted cashews
- Take one cup oats in a grinder and make it to powder.
- Mix powdered oats, rava and curd together. Slowly add water and make it to a batter consistency.
- Add grated carrot and salt into the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add heeng, mustard seeds, chana dal and roast them till golden brown.
- Add the above mixture to the batter along with coriander leaves, green chili and roasted cashews.
- Add eno salt in the end and mix well.
- Take an idli moulds and grease the plates.
- Add the above batter to the moulds and steam it for about 15 min.
- After 15 min let it cool for 5 mins and then take the idlis out with a spoon.
- Serve the idlis hot with coconut chutney.
You might also like