Cutlets are tender, crisp munchies that are usually served as a starter or as an accompaniment during weddings or feasts. It is a sheer treat to munch Cutlets with some fresh chutney, I tell you! I have made both Spinach and Corn Cutlets and even tried my hands on Tuna Cutlets which are equally satiating! However, a vegetarian version of this yummies: Methi Poha Cutlets, took over my attention at a meet and greet almost instantly! Methi Poha Cutlets are prepared by potatoes, poha, methi and a dash of spices, sesame seeds are added to make it soft yet slightly crisp.You can even add carrots or crushed green peas to grant it a nice texture. When it comes to Methi Poha Cutlets, I specifically love the taste of the combo of methi and potatoes, it is totally new and kicking. So, go ahead, make Methi Poha Cutlets and serve them hot!
Methi Poha Cutlets
- Poha - 1 cup ( Soaked in water and then squeezed firmly )
- Boiled potatoes - ½ cup (mashed )
- Dry methi (fenugreek leaves) - ½ cup
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander - ¼ cup
- Red chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Boiled and slightly mashed green peas - ½ cup
- Corn flour or maida ( all purpose flour ) - ½ tbsp
- Onion - ½ cup ( finely chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mash it properly.
- Make cutlet shape tikki and shallow fry or deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with chutney or sauce.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.