Shrikhand is one of my favorite desserts which is a traditional dessert in Gujarati and Maharashtrian Cuisine. It’s nothing but hung or strained yoghurt mixed with sugar, saffron and nuts and then served chilled. Sounds incredibly easy, right?!! It is in fact easy to make. Something as infancy and plain as yoghurt can turn into a spoonful of delicious sunshine in just few steps. So here is how to make Mango Srikhand.
- Greek Yogurt or hung Yoghurt - 2 cups
- Saffron soaked in 1 tbsp milk - 10-12 strands
- Granulated Sugar - ½ cup
- Sweetened Mango Pulp (I used Deep brand) - 1 cup
- Cardamom Seeds Powdered - ¼ tsp
- Pistachios chopped or sliced - 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream - 1 tbsp
- Take saffron and milk in small bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds. Milk should be hot. Keep it aside for the saffron to soak in the milk.
- Take yogurt in a bowl, add sugar and, mix well until sugar dissolves and is well incorporated into yogurt
- Add mango pulp and mix it
- Add saffron, cardamom powder, fresh cream and mix. Don’t over mix it
- Taste the shrikhand, adjust sugar and mango pulp
- Chill the shrikhand until ready to serve
- Before serving, garnish it with sliced pistachios
You might also like