Alright, before the mango season is over, I owe my mango lover friends another boozy beverage – a yum and cool Mango Margarita. Personally, I’m not a fan of Margaritas, but I like it, if it’s made with fresh berries or fresh fruits and served chilled, NOT FROZEN or BLENDED. But either way, it’s supposed to be a hit and you can never go wrong…, after all, it’s booze! I was pretty happy the way my Mango Margarita turned out. The mangoes were exceptionally sweet for a change and the freshness and the sweetness of the mangoes definitely add an extra kick (as if you needed more of a kick after all that tequila that’s been added ). Here is how to make it.
- 4 ounces tequila – I used, Milagro
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 4 ounces mango juice
- 1 ounce orange liqueur – I used Cointreau
- 2 ounce soda water – Use Mango flavored soda if you have it available.
- 1 lime wedge
- ¼ cup regular salt on a small plate
- Add the tequila, lime juice, mango juice and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for about 10 seconds until mixture is chilled.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of a glass then gently press the glass into the plate Coat the rim well with salt.
- Fill that glass with ice then pour the margarita carefully into the glass. Add the soda water to get some fizz.
You might also like