Mango Coconut Poori….Season of Mangoes just fill lots and lots of ideas in our minds to innovate new recipes. Mangoes are just saviours for those moms who have fussy kids as kids love to have Mango in some or other form. My 2 year old also show tantrums at times. But then I thought to include her favourite fruit to her food in the form of Poori . Tadaaaa… she loved it. These sweet poories are just perfect to have in the breakfast. I served them with aamras. Your kids are going to fall in love with it. Note down the the recipe and make it for your little ones.
Mango Coconut Poori
- Whole wheat flour : 1 cup
- Mango puree : ½ cup
- Coconut grated : ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar : 3 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Cardamom powder : ¼ tsp
- Coconut water to knead the dough
- Oil to fry poories + 1 tsp
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add mango puree, sugar, cardamom powder, salt and grated coconut to it.
- Knead into a semi soft dough using coconut water (if necessary). Add oil in the end and knead once again for a minute.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Make small balls out of it and roll it out into small poories.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when it become really nice and hot carefully slide down Poori into it.
- When it puff up from one side, turn the other side.
- Place on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chilled aamras.
You might also like