For me, no snack is as healthier as Roasted Makhana. Full of nutrition, makhana definitely turns out to be an ideal ingredient for maintaining a salubrious diet. So, this time, instead of a snack, I thought of making a sweet, and guess what, I prepared Makhana Jowar ke Ladoo. Laden with desiccated coconut, condensed milk, makhani and jowar flour, Makhana Jowar ke Ladoo can be made for the festive season if you are looking forward to making nourishing sweets.
While my kidoo popped up Makhana Jowar ke Ladoo on the go, even I had my fair share of this healthy delight. Serve your family a plateful of Makhana Jowar ke Ladoo this Diwali and don’t feel that sugar guilt any more.
Makhana Jowar ke Ladoo
- Makhani - 1 cup
- Jowar flour - 4 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut - ¼ cup
- Condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom pods - 2
- Little Warm milk
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast makhana till they become crisp.
- Let it cool down and powder it along with cardamom in a mixer.
- Similarly, roast jowar powder in rest of the ghee till nice aroma comes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add in powdered sugar to hot jowar and mix well.
- Immediately add desiccated coconut, makhana powder and condensed milk to the jowar flour while it is still hot.
- If needed add little warm milk to bind the laddoo.
- Make balls like laddoo while it is still hot.
- Garnish with pischatios or badam.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.