Lauki Ki Barfi is very popular across India just like Nariyal Ki Barfi. However, I like eating Lauki Ki Barfi more because it has this pleasing taste of lauki which makes this dessert succulent and smooth as well. Usually, lauki is used for making Indian curries and is mainly used while preparing main course. However, when you would prepare Lauki Ki Barfi, you would second my feeling that it can be used to make a tempting dessert as well. So, make this delicious, healthy dessert as soon as you can, here’s my recipe for making it at home without any hassles:
Lauki Ki Barfi
- Lauki - 500 gms
- Sugar - 300 gms
- Desi ghee - 1 tbsp
- Desicated coconut – ½ cup
- Green cardamom – 4 to 5
- Green color - 2 to 3 drops
- Peel, wash, grate lauki
- Take ghee in a pan, add grated lauki stir constantly cook until water dries up
- Add Sugar & cook until it goes thick .
- Add desiccated coconut, green cardamom and stir it till it leaves the bottom .
- Add color to it
- Take a plate grease it put the mixture & spread it evenly
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on it when it cool down cut into small pieces.