When it comes to desserts and sweets, I am totally inclined towards the Bengali cuisine. Luscious, rich and splendid every time you eat them, the Bengali desserts transport you to heaven. Despite Mango Sandesh and Kesari Sandesh being my favourite, I do not stop myself from trying out new gems from the Bengal. Kheerer Chandrapuli is one such gem that I have recently discovered.
Made using maida, khoya kheer, cashew nut powder, dry fruits, Kheerer Chandrapuli is made by frying stuffed dumplings in sugar syrup. Kheerer Chandrapuli not only oozes with sweetness but it has this amazing flavour unlocked in the stuffing which comes gushing out with every bite.
Wonderful to be served as a dessert and even sweet, make sure you try Kheerer Chandrapuli without fail, okay?
- Maida – 300 g
- Khoya kheer – 250 g
- Cashew nut powder – ½ cup
- Raisins – 1tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Choco chips – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Green cardamom – 4 (whole)
- Milk - as per requirement
- Ghee - for deep frying
- Grate khoya.
- Make a smooth dough with sufficient milk and 1 table spoon of ghee.
- Cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat ghee in a pan.
- Add grated khoya, cashew nut powder and all the dry fruits and stir on a medium flame.
- Lastly, add green cardamom powder.
- Stir well, till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- When it completely cool down, add choice chips .
- Now take a portion from the dough.
- Roll out like a puri.
- Put a spoonful of filling in the centre.
- Seal the edges with little water.
- Now make small frills on the edges.
- Prepare a sugar syrup with one cup of water and 2 cups of sugar.
- Add cardamom.
- Bring to boil.
- When sugar dissolves, and syrup reaches one string consistency, turn off the gas.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the chandrapulis in ghee till golden.
- Dip them in sugar syrup for 15 to 20 minutes .
- Garnish the juicy chandrapulis with chopped dry fruits.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.