Parwal comes in the hate list of vegetables for my kid. Whether I make Parwal Do Pyaza or Achaari Parwal Masala, if my sunny boy doesn’t touch them at all and all my efforts to make him eat something enriching goes down the drain. But, not anymore! How about making a dessert from Parwal and surprising your little ones? Kheer Parwal or Kheer Potol is a unique dessert made from the pointed gourd, khoya, loads of dry fruits and flavouring. When you relish Kheer Potol, you do not realize at all that you are actually eating this vegetable and hence it works wonders for making your kids eat this vegetable. So, what’s stopping you? Prepare this super healthy dessert right away using this recipe:
- Parwal - 8 pieces
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Khoya – 250 g ( Grated )
- Green cardamom powder - 1tsp
- Almonds - 10 (chopped)
- Pistachios – 10 (chopped)
- Sugar – 300 g
- Saffron - few strands
- Rosewater - 2 tsp
- Green cardamom - 3 (whole)
- Silver vark.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add khoya, 50grams of sugar and green cardamom powder.
- Stir till sugar melts.
- Take it out from the flame.
- Add chopped almonds and pistachios.
- With the remaining sugar, make a syrup with 1 cup of water and green cardamoms.
- Add rosewater in the syrup.
- Now wash the parwals.
- Carefully peel the outer shiny green part with a peeler.
- Make a small hole at one end.
- With the help of a spoon, scoop out its seeds.
- Now boil the parwals till tender but do not overcooked.
- Put the boiled narwal in sugar syrup and boil them in sugar syrup for 5 minutes and keep in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- Take them out and stuff with khoya filling and apply silver vark on them.
- Garnish with saffron .
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.