The bananas of Kerala totally differ in taste and size from other bananas available across India. Inspired by the richness of the same, one gets tempted to try out various desserts. Kerala Banana Coconut Fry is one of the traditional recipes of Kerala. This is a quick to make sweet dish just like Banana Poppy Seeds Pancake. I added pumpkin seeds also along with cashew nuts and raisins for giving an extra crunch to Kerala Banana Coconut Fry. If you want to have a comparatively healthy dessert, you can definitely go for it. It is so yummy and it is guilt free as well. Here’s its super easy recipe for you all:
Kerala Banana Coconut Fry
- Kerala Banana chopped - 1
- Coconut grated - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 10-15
- Raisins - 10
- Pumpkin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Add ghee in a pan.
- When it gets hot, add raisins.
- When raisins puff up, add cashew nuts.
- When cashews starts to get a golden color, add pumpkin seeds.
- Add chopped bananas and sugar.
- Cook it on low flame for 2-3 mins till bananas get slightly mashed up.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- In the end add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve hot garnished with dry fruits and grated coconut.