Kaju Apple…Whenever I go to any sweetshops or restaurants I have a habit of looking at the various sweets displayed and keep seeing those yummy sweets until my hubby pulls me out ;). Some sweets would be really eye-catchy and you don’t feel like leaving that place at all.One such sweet which caught my attention is kaju apple because of its simplicity. As it doesn’t require more skill. This is my first attempt of making unique sweet apart from those awesome Kaju burfi.
- Whole cashew nuts - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Yellow food colour - a pinch
- Red food colour a pinch
- Vanilla essence -1/2 tsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Powder the cashew nuts and make them into a fine powder without any lumps.
- In a heavy bottom pan take ¼ cup water and ½ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar and bring it to boil.
- Keep it in a low flame and get it to a one string consistency
- Add a pinch of yellow food colour followed by vanilla essence.
- Now once it has reached to one string consistence add the powdered cashew and keep stirring in a low flame until well combined.
- Once it has cooked well, it will start leaving the sides of the pan and forms to a mass.
- Allow it to cool down a bit and start making into round balls, now take the red food colour (if powdered add a drop of milk to it).
- Pick a brush and draw some random lines around the cashew balls.
- Keep it for drying which takes 5-6 min .
- Place the clove on top of every apple and arrange on a nice plate.
- Serve with love 🙂