ISKCON Corn Salad….Is this name confusing my dear reader? Last week we attended a marriage in ISKCON temple, Bangalore. The catering was undertaken by the temple itself. The food they served was simple and yet amazingly tasty. As we know they don’t use onion, garlic masala in their cooking, yet they bring taste to the food. We liked this corn salad served there and it was so unique. I used my little knowledge to sense the making and ingredients used. The base is freshly made vegetables and right amount of everything. The sald turned out exactly like the one serve dat the temple.
Here we go to ISKCON corn salad.
ISKCON Corn Salad
- Boiled sweet corn - 1 cup
- Grated carrots - ¼ cup
- Finely chopped cucumber - ¼ cup
- Fresh grated coconut - 4 tbsp
- Green chilli - 3 nos.
- Finely chopped Coriander - 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Mustard for tempering
- Mix boiled sweet corn, carrot, cucumber in a wide bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, lemon juice and coriander to this.
- Temper mustard with slit green chillies. Mix well.
- Now add fresh grated coconut to this and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- The catch is the coconut here.
- Coconut gives a lovely taste to this humble salad.
- Also the aroma of coriander and green chillies add a twist to this salad.
- No chat masala or salad dressing required.
- Anyone can make this with easily available products at home.
- An ideal food for this summer.
You might also like