While having a sweet tooth is good because that way even your family gets to devour yummy sweets, however, making desserts and sweets instantly, becomes quite a pain in the neck! Shahi Tukda as a result, is one of my favourite instant sweet but my newly mastered recipe of Instant Healthy Neiappam is giving it a tough challenge for sure.
Considered to be a famous dish in Kerala, Instant Healthy Neiappam is made from whole wheat flour, rice flour and jaggery. Instant Healthy Neiappam is even served as a Naivedhyam to Lord Krishna on Janmashtami. Apart from that, Instant Healthy Neiappam is also a decadent, salutary snack that you can relish for breakfast or for supper.
I love its traditional flavour and the fact that it is so easy to prepare. Sure, you would second the same! Here’s a quick guide to making this delicious regional snack:
Instant Healthy Neiappam
- Whole Wheat flour -1 cup
- Rice flour - 1cup
- Chiroti/thin sooji - ½ cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Elaichi pwd -1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Small banana - 2-3
- Melt the jaggery in a cup of water till it dissolves.
- Mix all the ingredients in this.
- Mash the bananas till becomes a pasty consistency and add to this batter.
- Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Take the neiappam pan, add ghee in each slot.
- Add a spoonful of the batter and cook till brown.
- Turn and cook on the other side till it darkens.
- Serve with honey and butter.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.