Though I am sure that you must have relished Khoya Gulab Jamun and even Nariyal ki Barfi at some or the other point in your life and drooled over them as well. However, this festive season, ditch all the usual desserts and sweets that you make year after year. Instead, prepare Instant Gulab Jamun Barfi, will you? Instant Gulab Jamun Barfi is a fusion sweet made using Gulab Jamun mix and flavourings. It has this tempting tenderness and decadent taste. So, when I made Instant Gulab Jamun Barfi the other day and served my clan, they felt all surprised and needless to say loved this all new dessert.
I am surely making it again for Diwali. How about you?
Instant Gulab Jamun Barfi
- Gulab jamun mix - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 6 tsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted Nuts (optional)
- Pour water in a pan and add the sugar.
- Stir well and allow it to boil.
- Now keep the flame on low and cook till it reaches one string consistency.
- Add the jamun mix and stir well.
- Add the ghee at this stage little by little and keep stirring.
- When the mix comes together as a whole mass, put the cardamom powder and remaining ghee.
- If you are adding any nuts, add them at this stage.
- Spread the burfi mix in a well greased tray.
- Allow it to cool and cut into desired shape.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.