If you are a snack-ista then you would surely know that Chakli is a spiral shaped, crunchy snack famous across India. Along with being crunchy, its surface has subtle spikes which make it irresistible during the snack hour. You can make umpteen varieties of Chakli, Murukku is one of them. But, if you are short on time, then even give Instant Chakli a try! Instant Chakli is made from rice flour, gram flour, poppy, butter, and spices. It has a superb flavour, amazing crunch and gets made in minutes. You may serve Instant Chakli for Diwali snacks or even on the usual days you can serve it within no time. Note down its easy recipe:
- Rice flour - 2 cups
- Gram flour - ½ cup
- Poppy seeds - ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Take gram flour in a pan and saute it in ghee till light brown.
- Keep aside.
- Take a bowl and put the rice flour.
- To it add salt, chilli powder, poppy seeds, butter and asafoetida.
- Add the roasted gram flour and mix all together by rubbing well to a crumbly mixture.
- Add little water and mix them together to a dough.
- The dough should be firm.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take a mould.
- Grease it with some oil.
- Take a ball of the dough, put it into it and once the oil is heated, slowly press it in circular motion.
- Make a few spherical ones and allow them to turn slightly brown.
- Turn aside with the ladle and once done, put them on a tissue paper.
- When cool, put them in a container.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.