Indian Style Chilli Fish…..This Indian version of chilli fish is an all time hit at my home. It’s easy to cook, tasty and my toddler loves it too! It goes well for both snacks and dinner and do not require any exotic ingredients. I used basa fillet for this recipe, but you can use any fish for this preferably boneless. This is how to cook it.
Indian Style Chilli Fish
- Basa fillet cut into cubes - 400 gm
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Big capsicum - cut into cubes - 1
- Big onion - cut into cubes - 1
- Green chiliies - 4 to 5, slit
- Garlic - 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
- Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 2 to 3 drops
- Beaten egg - 1
- Olive oil - 1-1/2 cup
- Marinate the fish in lemon juice, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in kadai.
- Dip the fish cubes in the beaten egg and shallow fry.
- Keep it aside.
- In oil, add chopped garlic.
- Once the garlic turns brown, add capsicum and onion. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, make a mixture of all the sauce with little water.
- Pour the mixture in the kadai and let it simmer.
- Add the fish cubes and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Drizzle sesame oil and garnish with spring onion ( optional)
- Serve hot with noodles or fried rice.
You might also like