I personally loved the taste and aroma of Gulkund. And just as much as I love Gulkund, I even like using loads of mewa for making Dry Fruits Paratha. How about bringing Gulkund and Dry Fruits together, I wondered the other day? And actually ended up making Gulkund Stuffed Mewa Cones. Filled up with oozing and refreshing gulkund and dry fruits, Gulkund Stuffed Mewa Cones has this mind blowing aroma of rose essence as well. I have used a mix of dry fruits like pistachio, almonds, cashew nuts and flavoured Gulkund Stuffed Mewa Cones with cardamom powder.
You can even use silver foil for garnish it like or just serve these yummies as it is. Go ahead and do read its recipe:
Gulkund Stuffed Mewa Cones
- Pistachio - ¼ cup
- Blanched and peeled almonds - ¼ cup
- Cashew nut powder - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Rose water - ½ tsp
- Green food color - 2-3 drops
- Gulkand - ¼ cup
- Silver foil for garnish
- Soak the pistachios in enough warm water in a bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water, peel the pistachios and blend them in a mixer into a fine paste.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the syrup is of 1 string consistency, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pista paste, cashew nuts powder, almond powder and mix well and cook on a slow flame for approximately 5 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, stirring continuously.
- Add cardamom powder, rose essence and green food colour.
- Transfer the mixture on a greased plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon.
- Keep aside to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into 12 equal rectangular pieces.
- Shape each into cone shape.
- Fill with 1tsp gulkund and close the cone.
- Wrap in silver foil.
- Garnish with rose petals.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.