Fish Fry is a very famous starter in all over the world. Everywhere you will find some different methods are used to make Fish Fry. It goes without saying that people of Kolkata are big time fans of Fish Fry. I learnt this recipe from my mother-in-law after marriage. To make this dish we need any kind of boneless fish fillet. I have used Bhetki or seabass fillet. Firstly, I marinated the fish with all masalas and then coated it with bread crumbs. It’s crisp and crunchy taste makes this dish completely different and tempting! So, friends try this recipe, surely you will love this.
- Bhetki fillet - 500 gm
- Red chili powder- 2 tsp
- Medium sized Onion paste - 1
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 5
- Chopped coriander- 5 tbs
- Bread crumbs- 400 gm
- Beaten Egg - 4
- Salt to taste
- In a mixer take onion, ginger, garlic paste, chopped coriander, salt, red chill powder and green chilies . Grind it.
- Rub lemon juice and salt on fish. Then marinate fish fillets with the grinded Masala for 1 hour in fridge.
- In a bowl take all the eggs. Add salt. Beat well.
- Then for each fish fillet dip it into the egg batter. Next coat each of them with bread crumbs.
- Once they are dried up again coat them with bread crumbs for second time.
- Take one deep pan or wok. Heat oil.
- Once it is hot, fry fishes till they are golden brown color.
- Flip it and fry for another 2 minutes. When they are fried perfectly from both the sides. Take them out. And serve with salad.