Dosaca Sambhar is a South Indian recipe which is made using South Indian spice mix, lentils and a vegetable called dosaca. Dosaca vegetable is used for making sambar, palya, curry etc. You can eat this sambhar with roti or rice. Here is how to make it.
- Dosaca peeled &chopped (take out the seeds out) - 1
- Toor dal soaked in water for 1 /2 hour - ½ cup
- Onion long sliced - 1
- Tomato chopped - 1
- Salt to taste
- Garlic pods - 8-10
- Sambar powder - 5 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli - 5-6
- Tamarind pulp - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- Coconut grated - ¼ cup
- Coriander for garnishing
- Pressure cook the dosaca until done, and keep aside.
- In a cooker add Toor dal, onion, tomato, garlic and water and pressure cook it for 4 whistle.
- Then smash it using the back of a ladle.
- Add dosaca, sambar powder, tamarind pulp and mix it.
- In a kadai add oil and fry mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilli fry for sometime.
- Add sambar powder mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pressure cooked dal.
- Add salt, coriander chopped, coconut and cook for 3-4minutes.
- Serve hot.
You might also like