One of the reasons for which you should use Daliya often is that is full of dietary fiber which aids weight loss. Plus, it being so filling, Daliya turns out to be a really good meal for breakfast as well. By making Daliya Chakli, I tried to incorporate this super healthy ingredient for snacks as well. Daliya Chakli is prepared by making the pretzels of a mix of rice flour, daliya, ajwain and white butter et al which turn out crisp and yummy.
You could serve Daliya Chakli for the snack platter and awe your family with a healthy munchy that they can eat without feeling guilty. I already have a jarful of Daliya Chakli stored up along with Makhana Namkeen, so when are you making this all new healthy snack, eh?
- Rice flour - 2 cups
- Dailya - 1 cp
- Ajwain - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tbsp
- White butter - 4 tbsp
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except butter in a bowl.
- Heat the butter on low gas.
- When the butter is fully dissolved, put it in the flour mixture and knead to make a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough in the chakli maker.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan.
- Make Chaklies in the pan and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with kitchen tissue.
- Store when cooled.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.