Crispy Begun bhaja is a kind of fried side dish. This fry pairs beautifully with hot rice and plain Dal. It can be served with hot chapati as well. It’s so delicious and easy that once you made it then you feel to make it again and again. To make this dish you need large variety of eggplant, which is long, purple and tender brinjal. If you are fond of brinjal , I am sure you will like it. Here Is how to make this.
Crispy Begun Bhaja
- Large brinjal cut into slices - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil / refined oil - 4 tbsp
- Green chilli - 4
- Wash and cut brinjal into medium size slices.
- Soak them in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Remove it and pat dry all the slices.
- Smear little bit of salt and turmeric powder.
- Make sure that all masala coats the brinjal well.
- Keep it for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan.
- Once it is hot, add all slices .
- Initially it cooks on a high flame.
- After 2 min reduced the heat.
- Cook it on a low heat.
- Flip it once in a middle.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Brinjal should be cooked perfectly from both the sides.
- Take them out.
- Now your hot Crispy Begun Bhaja is ready.
- Garnish with fried green chilli.
You might also like