Coconut Rice is made every once in a while at my home for dinner and as is it very easy to assemble, I have no qualms about making it on the go. However, this time, when I prepared it, I thought of infusing this preparation with an edible shiuli flower and hence Coconut-Shiuli Flower Rice got made for dinner. Combined with the goodness of Jasmine Rice, Shiuli flower, coconut milk, dry fruits, Coconut-Shiuli Flower Rice not only charms with its splendid taste but its aroma mesmerizes you as well. I have made it using ghee, however, you can use oil as well if you prefer. Moreover, as raisins are added to Coconut-Shiuli Flower Rice, it lends that subtle sweetness to this rice preparation.
Coconut-Shiuli Flower Rice can be served for brunch or dinner whenever you feel like. Scribble down its recipe right away:
Coconut-Shiuli Flower Rice
- Jasmine rice - 1 cup
- Shiuli flower orange pedicle - ¼ cup
- Thick coconut milk - ½ cup
- Cashew nut - 1 tbsp
- Raisin - 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Soak rice for 5 minute.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisin for a minute.
- Take them out and fry the rice & flower stems for 2 minute in the same ghee.
- Start boiling water .
- Once it reaches boiling point, add rice along with flower to it.
- Let it cook for 5 minute.
- Add coconut milk, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 5 minute till they are done.
- Add fried cashew nut and raisin.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.