Peda is a traditional Indian sweet which is dense and semi-solid by shape. This sweet is made using khoya, sugar and is flavoured using cardamom seeds, kesar, and dry fruits. Previously, I have served my friends, family homemade Malai Peda and Kesar Malai Peda. But, I was craving to try a unique recipe for making Chocolate Peda using milk powder, cocoa powder, condensed milk, fresh cream, almonds and saffron. And that, I did. Chocolate Peda was liked by both kids and adults when I served them during Rakshabandhan. We even relished them along side our festive meal and with Shahi Tukda as a dessert. I really liked the texture and taste of these homemade Chocolate Peda and I can recommend its recipe to everyone without a worry in the world. Learn how it’s made, here’s its recipe:
- Milk powder – ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 100 g
- Fresh cream – 100 g
- Chopped almonds – 2 tbsp
- Almonds & Saffron strands – for garnishing
- Mix together the milk powder, chopped almonds and cocoa powder.
- Add in the fresh cream and mix.
- Let this mixture warm a little in a pan, stirring continuously.
- See to that it does not get burnt.
- To this, add in the condensed milk, adding 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture tightens and come together.
- Once it reaches a pliable form, switch the flame off.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, take smalls balls out of it and make desired shapes.
- Refrigerate to harden and set better.