My kids feel that eating oats is a nightmare! So, I thought, why not disguise oats by mixing them up with chocolate? Therefore, the other day, I made Chocolate Oats Cookies and served them with a cup of hot milk. Guess what, my little pranksters gulped them down without throwing any tantrums. Chocolate Oats Cookies are amazingly chocolaty and little gooey. Even my in-laws liked Chocolate Oats Cookies very much! You can even try making Espresso Oats Brownies for a change someday! Here’s my recipe for Chocolate Oats Cookies which are both healthy and delicious, do note it down:
Chocolate Oats Cookies
- Oats – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Butter – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Mix together oats, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Now rub the butter into the flour mixture with clean fingers till it forms small crumbs.
- Next, add in ¾ th of a beaten egg and mix to form a dough.
- Add in the raisins.
- Make small balls of the dough and press to form the shape of a cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade and bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy the delicious chocolate oat bites!!