I have already used Gobindobhog rice for making Bengali Chaler Payesh and trust me, I am still in love with its texture and taste. But, recently I came to know that one can use Gobindobhog rice for making tea time snacks like Chicken Flower Dumplings as well. Made using chicken keema, and spices, Chicken Flower Dumpling has a generous coat of Gobindobhog rice as well which are then deep fried. Gobindobhog rice makes Chicken Flower Dumpling crunchy whereas the chicken keema helps in keeping its interior soft. Therefore, Chicken Flower Dumpling turn out to be an interesting snack that can be prepared for tea time. Wondering how to make these delicious munchies in minutes? Read its recipe:
Chicken Flower Dumpling
- Chicken keema - 300 g
- Gobindo Bhog / Basmati rice - ¾ cup
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger - Garlic - Onion paste - 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - small bunch (chopped)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Soak rice in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients with chicken keema .except rice in a bowl.
- Make round balls from the mixture.
- Drain the rice and keep it on a plate.
- Roll the balls on rice.
- Place them in a steamer.
- Steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Take them out after 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot tea along with chutney.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.