Mushrooms are a vital part of my culinary journey. Not only have I used them for making Indian dishes such as Badami Khumbi and Chettinad Mushroom, but I have even used them for crafting umpteen world cuisine dishes such as Lemon Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti, Oriental Crispy Mushrooms et al. In a sense, they have become a must-have on the menu in my home and Cheesy Egg Mushroom is one such heavenly dish to be marked on the Mushroom Recipe Collection.
Cheesy Egg Mushroom is a sizzling snack or starter made using button mushrooms, eggs, pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Firstly, the button mushrooms are coated with pizza sauce and then they are smeared with a generous pour of eggs. Finally, these baked mushrooms are garnished with cheese, coriander leaves which uplift the flavours of this dish like nothing else. Cheesy Egg Mushroom can be served for snacks with some tea and foodies, you can even eat for breakfast, what say? Bookmark its recipe, go!
Cheesy Egg Mushroom
- Button Mushrooms - 250 g
- Egg - 1 ( Whisked )
- Mozzarella cheese - 1 and ½ tbsp ( Grated )
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Pizza sauce - 1 -2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / parsley to garnish
- Clean mushrooms and remove stem.
- With an electric beater, beat egg till it becomes fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper to egg.
- Brush the inside of mushrooms with pizza sauce or just put some sauce inside to get a tangy flavour.
- Now, pour some egg in the mushrooms.
- Fill it almost full.
- Place mushrooms on a greased tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 8-10 mins till egg gets cooked and bottom of mushrooms turn slightly crisp.
- Now sprinkle some cheese on top and make for 2-3 mins more till cheese melts.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.