Caramel pudding is a delicious traditional custard dessert with a layer of soft creamy caramel sauce. With the use of simple ingredients and simple techniques this dessert has been a regular in most homes. I have made this pudding in a pressure cooker. Here is how to make it.
- For Custard-
- Milk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 3 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- For Caramel Sauce-
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Water - ½ tbsp
- To make the caramel sauce, take a pan and put the sugar and ½ tbsp water and cook them until they become dark in colour.
- Pour the Caramelized sugar in a dry pudding dish and keep in the freezer for 1 min to settle.
- Beat the eggs in a mixer until color changes to light yellow.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat it again.
- Keep it aside.
- Mix milk and Condensed milk. Then add powdered sugar to the eggs and mix it well.
- Add milk and beat it again at a low speed for 2 min.
- Pour the milk custard mixer in the pudding dish, cover with aluminium foil and steam it in pressure cooker for about 15 to 20 min.
- Allow it to cool in freezer for 1 hour or more, unmold it upside down in a serving plate.
- Yummy caramel pudding is ready.
You might also like