Popcorn is like a Western version of Roasted Makhana. They can be made on a whim for snack or supper and oh, how well they add more crunch to our conversations, no? Masala Popcorns and Cheese Popcorns are completely finger-licking, but when it comes to kids, Caramel Popcorn becomes a big deal. Caramel Popcorn is made by tossing popped up corn kernels along with buttery, sugary caramel mix. This entire process of mixing is done pretty quickly so that the caramel mix doesn’t solidify. Make Caramel Popcorn for dessert or you can even eat it for supper, right? Full of crunch and sweetness, Caramel Popcorn is that one snack that wouldn’t need an excuse to make or eat it. Read its recipe:
- Dry corn kernels - ½ cup
- Butter - 5 tsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Take a wide pan with lid or a pressure cooker with the lid.
- Pour 2 tsp of melted butter and put the dry corn kernels.
- Fry till all the corn are coated with butter and gets heated up.
- Now keep the flame on low.
- Fry till the popping starts.
- Now cover the lid and leave a small opening away from you.
- You will hear continuous popping sound.
- After some time check if all the corns have popped completely.
- Switch off the heat.
- Keep the pan covered with the little opening.
- Now in another heavy kadai, heat the rest of the butter and add the sugar and mix well.
- Once it starts boiling, keep the flame on medium and stop stirring.
- You will notice a nice brown colour caramel mixture.
- Once the caramel stage comes, pour the vanilla essence and the cinnamon powder.
- Now stir well.
- Transfer this caramel mixture immediately to the popcorn and mix well with a big spatula.
- This should be done quickly otherwise the caramel will get solidified.
- Arrange the pop corn on a plate and allow it to cool.
- Enjoy with ur masala chai.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.