The benefits of beetroot are too many. But not everyone would love the earthy taste of it, especially kids. So what you could do is, remake them in an entirely new form and texture. Beetroot Halwa is one such transformation. Beetroot Halwa as a dessert is so delicious that you can’t even make out that it is made of beetroot, except for the color. So, here is how to make this simple and easy dessert just like Thandai Shahi Tukra:
- Beetroot (grated) – 1 cup
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Milk – 500 ml
- Condensed milk – 1 tin
- Cardamom (crushed) – 1 or 2
- Dry fruits (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and fry the dry fruits. Remove from ghee and keep it aside.
- Now saute the grated beetroot in the same pan with ghee.
- Then, add in milk and let the beetroot cook in the milk.
- When almost done, add in the condensed milk and stir. You may vary the amount of
- condensed milk as per your taste.
- Add the cardamom too.
- Now add the fried dry fruits and mix the halwa well, until the sides come off the pan.
- Enjoy the yummy beetroot bites once it is cooled.