Tea doesn’t taste the best if it is not accompanied by munchies or biscuits, right? My kitchen, that’s why at the least has one snack like Makhana Namkeen stored up come what may! And I have even started preparing healthier snacks like Atta Biscuits to make the tea time more memorable. Made using wheat flour, butter, sugar, milk and fresh cardamom powder, Atta Biscuits taste simply superb! The best thing about making Atta Biscuits is that you can make them in no time plus the preparations are not so tedious. Make a jarful of Atta Biscuits and you can survive on them for weeks for sure! Tempted, no? Quickly note down its recipe:
- Atta – 200 g
- Butter- 150 g
- Powdered sugar- 150 g
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Cold milk – as per requirement
- Mix atta with required amount of milk and all the ingredients to make a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough with a cling flim and keep it in the freezer( normal rack) for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough in the form of thick chapati.
- With the help of a cookie –cutter or a small glass or lid, cut it in the shape of a biscuit.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees centigrades.
- Put a butter paper on the baking tray.
- Arrange the biscuits on the tray., keeping at least 1 inch of gap.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let it cool under the fan.
- Enjoy your tea with homemade Atta Biscuits.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.