Anar ka Raita or Pomegranate Raita is an easy to make accompaniment which goes very well with Indian meal. Fresh pomegranate juice is mixed with curd along with mild spices to make this refreshing raita. If you don’t have access to fresh pomegranate juice, you can also use the canned version but I strongly suggest using the fresh juice for a very fresh and refreshing flavours. The raita can be made in under 5 minutes if you have the ingredients ready and is a good option to make when you have guests. Since pomegranates are a rich source of Iron, vitamin C and antioxidants, it is a great dish to include in your family’s diet on a regular basis. To give your Chaat a twist, instead of adding plain curd, you can add this pomegranate raita and make them more lip smacking. So next time whenever you are having guests at home, make this raita along with Paneer Makkhanwala and Butter Naan and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills. Here is how to make Anar Ka raita.
Anar ka Raita
- Fresh Curd - 1 and ½ cup
- Pomegranate Juice - ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Fennel Powder - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - 1 tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Fresh Coriander - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Pomegranate Kernels - ¼ cup
- Whisk the curd until smooth.
- Add pomegranate juice, sugar, salt, roasted cumin powder, fennel powder, green chilli and fresh coriander in the curd and mix well.
- If you are making the raita for kids, you can skip using green chilli.
- Garnish with pomegranate kernels and fresh coriander.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.