Whole Wheat Oats Coconut Cookies..Craving for cookies, but on a diet plan..?? No worries, you could have these whole wheat coconut cookies, with the goodness of oats. Easy to bake and yummy to have, these cookies are a must try. It’s sugar free too, as palm jaggery is used instead. It is perfect to be had with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Here is how to make these.
You might also like
Whole Wheat Oats Coconut Cookies
- Whole wheat flour - ½ cup
- Crushed oats – ½ cup
- Grated Jaggery – ½ cup
- Fresh coconut flakes – ¾ cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Egg - 1
- Mix the whole wheat flour, crushed oats, grated jaggery, coconut flakes, salt and baking powder together.
- Add butter (at room temperature) to this mixture and mix well with clean fingers until it gets the texture of bread crumbs. Now gently beat an egg and add half of it to the above mixture and knead until everything comes together. Do not over knead. Refrigerate this dough for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade.
- Take the dough out and roll it out on a clean counter top dusted with flour. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Apply egg wash (with the remaining half egg) on top of the cookies.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookies carefully on them.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Healthy and yummy cookies are ready!!