Vegetarian Besan Omelette is a healthy light breakfast which can be teamed with tomato sauce or coconut chutney. Being a Hindu, there are certain days we do not eat non-vegetarian including egg. Vegetarian Besan Omelette exactly tastes like omelette so I make it on no meat day and serve it with piping hot Adrak Wali Chai. This is also called Besan ka Cheela and there are many of variations also for this recipe. This recipe can be combined with vegetables like tomato, carrot, spinach and capsicum to make it healthy. This is also healthier option to make at home than deep fried bajjis. Here is a quick and easy recipe.
Vegetarian Besan Omelette
- Besan - 1 cup
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Baking Soda - 1 pinch
- Water - ¼ th cup
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop onions finely.
- In a bowl add besan, chilli powder, baking soda, chopped onions, chopped coriander salt
- and mix thoroughly.
- Add water and bring it to dosa batter consistency.
- Heat tawa and pour the batter evenly.
- Smear oil and cook both sides.
- Serve hot as side dish or breakfast.