Tomato Gojju….We make this chutney very often since it goes well with a wide variety of food such as dosa, idli, curd rice or even plain dal rice. It is tangy and spicy at the same time making it a favorite kind in my home.You can vary the spiciness as per your taste. Making it less spicy will make it likeable to kids too. Here I have served it with a Mangalorean idli called “khotto”.
- Big ripe tomatoes - 2
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Chilli powder -1 -2 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 6
- Tamarind - marble sized
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tsp
- Apply oil on tomatoes and roast on pan until the skin darkens and it gets roasted nicely.
- You can cut it into halves to render even cooking in the inside as well.
- Then grind it with all the other ingredients with very little water.
- The liquid from the tomato aids grinding and the consistency of the chutney is a bit thick hence water needed to grind should be not be much.
- Serve either with curd rice or dosa or idli.