Tomato Garlic Rasam is an easy recipe was the first thing I learnt to cook when I was about 10 years old. It’s quick to make and tastes delicious when served hot with rice or as a soup topped with ghee. Here is how to make it.
You might also like
Tomato Garlic Rasam
- Tomatoes - 2-3 chopped
- Garlic - 5-8 pods
- Coriander leaves: chopped - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - about 10
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Rasam powder - 2 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- In a pan heat the ghee and add jeera, garlic pods and curry leaves.
- Once they splutter add the tomatoes, salt and turmeric and fry.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, mash them slightly with back of a ladle.
- Add rasam powder and coriander leaves and cook for a while.
- Add water and adjust salt.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Tamarind paste can be added to make the rasam tangy.
- If rasam powder is not available use 1tsp each of pepper powder and jeera powder.
- If more garlic flavor is preferred, garlic can be crushed before adding to the recipe.