Few weeks back I started Gym and was on a weight loss challenge. When you start burning calories you start keeping a watch on your calorie intake. Since I am a foodie I can’t skip my meals and also whatever I eat should be tasty. That’s when I started looking out for recipes which are healthy, less in calories and tasty. I had eaten a bean salad once in a Mexican outlet and I truly loved it. Since then I wanted to try it and what better time than these hot summers to eat a salad. Mexican and indian food has many similarities as they also use a lot of beans in their dishes and similar kind of spices. In this salad I have used three kind of beans, one is the kidney beans, soya beans and black eyed beans (lobia). Beans are a great source of proteins and thus good for vegetarian. It also has soluble fiber which helps in lowering blood cholesterol. Here is how to make three-bean salad.
Three Bean Salad
- Kidney beans or rajma - 1 cup
- Soya beans - 1 cup
- Black-eyed beans - 1 cup
- Mixed bell peppers - 1 cup
- Spring onion for garnishing
- For the dressing
- Garlic - 4 or 5 cloves minced
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise or any low fat salad dressing - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Some dried herbs
- Soak all the three beans overnight or for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are well soaked pressure cook them along with salt.
- The beans should turn soft but should not break while mixing.
- Chop all the bell peppers and spring onion.
- Once the beans are cooled completely add the bell peppers and spring onions to it.
- For preparing the dressing mix all the ingredients together a shake them well.
- Mix the dressing into the beans and vegetables. Mix everything well .
- The salad is ready to serve
You might also like