On a balmy weekday, we all prefer to start our lunch with an exotic soup, right? Because of the arrival of monsoon, you definitely feel like sipping something piping hot and soup is my first choice whenever the climate turns breezy. I often relish Barley and Vegetable Soup and Thai Lemon Coriander Soup. Thai Lemon Coriander Soup is one excellent starter to sip on! With its mild flavour and balanced spices, Thai Lemon Coriander Soup really appeals to the taste buds as well! Read its easy recipe and this monsoon, craft a nice pot of Thai Lemon Coriander Soup and sip it with your family:
Thai Lemon Coriander Soup
- Coriander - 1 small bunch
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Peeled Garlic - 6 pods
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Lemon grass - 2 large stick
- Lemon - 1
- Diced pumpkin - ¼ cup
- Melted Butter - 2 tbsp
- Wash coriander in running water and squeeze out excess water.
- In a kadai put butter, garlic,onion, ginger, pumpkin and fry them in a medium flame by not burning them.
- After 5 mins, add the lemon grass sticks, coriander and add a small piece of lemon skin(zest).
- Fry for 2 more mins.
- Pressure cook the entire mixture for one whistle.
- Cool the mixture and take away the lemon grass stick, lemon skin and the ginger piece.
- Grind the mixture in a mixie and filter it.
- Grind 2 to 3 times and filter them. Boil the entire mixture for 5 mins in medium flame by adding salt, white pepper powder.
- While serving add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and serve hot